Now Hiring: Victim Service Advocate
Job Title: Victim Service Advocate
Reports to: Advocacy Coordinator
Position Status: Full Time
Office Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Job Summary: Provide comprehensive trauma informed and survivor centered services to all Deaf, individuals with any type of hearing loss, and their families who are impacted by violence and/or unhealthy relationships. Collaborate with service providers to ensure that victims receive support and safety as well as culturally competent and fully accessible services.
Victim Service Advocate Functions
- Exhibit a belief in non-violence and a willingness to advocate on behalf of victims and their families who are affected by violence in a non-discriminating manner.
- Uphold the belief that quality client services are the top priority.
- Provide comprehensive 1:1 peer consulting.
- Provide emotional support and advocacy to victims which may include, but is not limited to, crisis counseling, information referrals, safety planning, shelter and/or housing placements, court-related hearings, interactions with law enforcement, child protective services and hospitals, follow-up and client transportation.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of daily interaction, appropriate reporting of services, and filing appropriate documents as required.
- Collect and report program data, including but not limited to service provision success and follow-up, tracking data required by funders, etc.
- Establish working relationships with area professionals, service providers and the community at-large focusing on issues related to cultural awareness, effective communication, domestic violence, and sexual assault while promoting a positive reputation of DIAA.
Send cover letter, resume, 2 professional references and 2 personal references to Jennifer at: director@DIAAIowa.org